Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog

We have now turned in all of our preparation for the music video. We have created a detailed plan of our schedule and what we are going to be doing every day. We have also completed a Storyboard, and have the main outline and idea of exactly how the video is going to look. They were turned in on Friday of last week, and all that is left is to actually begin filming. We did not have the opportunity to film on the weekend so we will be doing it this week. Most of my group mates were busy with other responsibilities that made them unavailable to shoot. I took this opportunity to further research music videos, and get a good idea of exactly what I wanted our music video to look like. I watched mainly Rap and Hip Hop videos, and made sure to study them closely. I especially studied videos from the early 2000's as that was the era that our song was released. My research was very useful and gave me a great idea of what we should do once we film.

The first places where we are going to shoot are my house and a park nearby my house. Due to this, I had to make sure that I had my parents permission. They quickly agreed, although they were a bit surprised since I usually don't invite people over. They were leaving town for the week, so it is even better, as we will not be disturbing them while we filmed. I was quite relieved that they were leaving, as that would allow us to take as long as we wanted while filming. I am quite excited to see how we will actually do this, a its my first time doing something like this. I fill like it will be easier and more challenging than the commercial at the same time. This is because I was alone for the last project, but now I am in a group. However, this project is more complex, and will require more editing and work on all of our parts. I am very excited to see our final product.

For our other locations, we are going to be shooting at a mall. However, to do this, we are going to need permission from said mall to film. One of my team members made sure to do that over the weekend though so we should have that covered. Other than that, we did not do much else over the weekend, and will complete must of our work during this week. Even though we did not film this weekend, I was quite busy. I was informed on Friday that I would have to take three tests on Monday, and I was quite stressed about that. So I studied a lot during the weekend. That took a lot of my free time, but I also hung out with my sister for quite a while as well. We had to do grocery shopping since our parents were leaving, and we decided to shop around as well to have some fun. That was basically what I did during the weekend, and what we have planned for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment