Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Choosing the Top Pitch

I have cut down my decision to two pitch ideas. The first one being "Would you murder others if it meant your own personal safety". And "What would you be willing to sacrifice if it meant gaining all you desire, money, and fame".
For the first pitch, "Would you murder others..." I really have great ideas, and have a very vivid picture of what I can do with it. It can be very ambiguous and mysterious, and can allow me to do a lot of work even if I am working by myself. I also find it a very interesting topic, and feel that even the first 2 minutes, which is what we are supposed to do, could be very captivating. However, there could be some drawbacks to it. I'm not really great at editing yet, so for something like this, I would have to put in a lot of effort in order to accomplish it effectively. I would also have to make sure to give a good performance as for this I would only act and film by myself, and to do so I need to make sure to do a very convincing job. There are many things that I would like to do with this pitch idea, and I feel like I could deliver on it very effectively. However, if I am not careful, the amount of work might backfire, and the film might not come out as good as I want it to be.
For the second pitch "What would you be willing to sacrifice.." I feel like it could make for a more compelling story. There would be a lot more dialogue, and would make it easier to fill the two minutes. This would create a more intricate story, that I feel could captivate the audience easier. I am working on this by myself though, so I would have to find people willing to do it for little to no recompense, and that might be difficult. With more dialogue also comes more editing, and that could be quite the challenge for me. I feel like this pitch could also present more ideas for the movie, and allow me to touch on more themes, like family and values. The pitch I think is something I would like to do and would be creatively fulfilling. However, I don’t know if it is realistically achievable by one person. This is creative ya good idea but maybe a little unrealistic for a one man team.
Therefore, I have decided to go with the first pitch. I believe it is a realistic pitch that I can accomplish with the little to no assistance that I will get. This pitch will allow me to create a movie that I am happy with. It will be a challenge but I am willing tot ale the risk. I look forward to creating this project. I truly have a lot of ideas for the project so I believe it will turn out exactly how I want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment