Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Starting the Final Project

My name is Emilio De Hoyos, I am a 17 year old senior from Fort Lauderdale High School. I have attended Fort Lauderdale High School for all my four years of High School.  I was born on May 28, 2002 in Colombia. I moved to the US when I was ten years old as my dad got a great job opportunity. I've always been interested in the arts and story telling, so movies have always been very interesting to me. Some of my favorite genres in movies are Sci-Fi and action, as I find them very interesting and entertaining. I don't really see myself doing this as a career, but making films is fun, and a good hobby to have. I am nervous but excited to finally start on the final project. I am working alone for this project.
In my time in this class I have learned and improved on many things in film-making. I learned a lot about camera angles and movements, the reason for them, and how they affect the movie. I learned about editing, as I had never edited anything before. I learned a lot about the actual filming process and the collection of data. I got better at planning and creating storyboards. I improved my ability to come up with ideas for films and videos, as I never really did anything of the like before. I also learned about the equipment necessary to create movies, and how crucial all of it is. This class has been very interesting, and though there has been a lot more work than what I was anticipating, it has been a blast to create these videos, and create this final project. I look forward to what the project will look like, and hope that all my growth will be apparent in it.
For this project we have to create three pitches. Pitches are terms to describe what films are in 25 words or less. Pitches serve as a way to get an idea out there fast, and effectively. For my pitches I created the following; Would you be able to murder others if it meant your own personal safety. How would you live your life if your memories started to fade away? And, for the final pitch, what would you be willing to lose in order to gain all you desire, money, and fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment