Monday, February 24, 2020

First Editing Blog

I have started the editing process with the footage that I have. I do not have much, but I rather have it ready and edited as I go. After I finished shooting the footage from the footage from the previous blog, I put it into my computer to edit it. I opened the editing which was Pinnacle studio. I transferred the files, and now I could begin to edit. I could only edit during class as I do not have the editing software at home. Once I got all the footage into the software I put it into order. Thankfully the shots I got were the very first one seen in the actual movie, so I could edit them completely. I organised the shots as I wanted and cut out the unnecessary audio from the shots. I then added quite an ambient and quiet sound of cars passing by, and things one would find on a normal street. After that was finished, I double checked the timing and organisation of the shots. Finally, I started to add the titles as I saw fit. I like how it is turning out as of now, even though I do not have that much done just yet. It's looking like I wanted it too, and its working the way I want to. I plan to start shooting the second batch of shots very soon. Once recorded, I will edit that and fit it into the footage I already have. Hopefully the process will not take too long. I expect to be done around Sunday or Saturday. This has been a good learning experience as of now, but it might get more challenging as it goes on. The next shots to film are those where I will actually have to act. I am somewhat nervous for those shots but have faith they will turn out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment