Thursday, February 20, 2020

First filming blog

I have finished all my planning for filming. Now I have to make sure my schedule is correct and start filming. The first thing is to double check the schedule, which I did and I confirmed I was available to shoot on all dates. Then I had to get the camera supplies from my teachers. I came in the class, and paid attention as they lectured, then lined up to collect a camera. Once that was done I had my supplies ready to film. I decided to only do a couple of shots that day. I did the the opening scene with the establishing shot of the city. I did this by going up to my rooftop. The building I live in is right in the middle of downtown Fort Lauderdale so I was able to get a pretty good shot. This was how I got my first shot of my project. I then was a little indecisive on what to do next, but eventually figured it out. I decided to go downstairs and get a couple of shots of the car from afar. This was tricky as I had to call for my car to get taken down by the valet, and they can be a little unreliable in terms of the time it takes them to get it down. I eventually got the car and drove next to a building where I wanted to get my shots. This was relatively easy and I did it quite efficiently. The shots of the car looked good and how I wanted them to look in the storyboard. It was now getting pretty late since all my shots are during the night so I decided to wrap that day of filming. I would call it pretty efficient and I got a decent mount of work done for my first day. The shoot was fun and easy so I’m looking forward to doing it again. I think my project will turn out great and am excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment