Thursday, October 10, 2019

Changin Topic of Commercial

The first day that we were assigned this project I chose to make a Gatorade commercial. I thought that I would not have to work alone, but I did. Because of this, I believe that I will not be able to complete a Gatorade commercial by myself, as it requires a lot of moving parts and more work than other commercials, work that I have to do alone, and am afraid I wont be able to finish by myself in time to do it to the best of my ability and in time to turn it in before the deadline. Therefore I have decided to switch my topic to something that I am more confident that I could complete in time and to the best of my ability. For this project I will be making a Fort Lauderdale High School "commercial", which will highlight the schools' strengths and tempt to persuade future students to attend this school.

Commercials of this genre or type tend to show the scenery of the school, meaning the overall layout, and important and significant buildings or landmarks. They tend to show students whilst they participate in activities or walk about the school. Typical Mise en Scene of this type of commercials is just usually the students themselves, and things that one would usually find in a school, such as school supplies, backpacks, food, etc. These commercials usually focus on showcasing the school to others to persuade them to attend, therefore it tends to highlight its accomplishments and values, this is shown either through text or through some sort of narrator that speaks of the greatness of the place that is being advertised.

Common camera angles in these typically tend to be very wide angles that help the audience clearly see the location, and see as much of them as possible. Most of the shots in said commercials are almost all establishing shots, as the main idea of them is to actually showcase the place where they hope that people will come to in the future. The lighting is usually almost exclusively natural lighting, as it tends to not really focus on people as the main subjects, but instead focuses on buildings, meaning that the lighting could not be altered, as the buildings are outside, and they are very large. They are edited in order to showcase as much of the place as possible, meaning that there's jump cuts and fast transitions that allows the commercial to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment