Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

Welcome to my blog.
My name is Emilio De Hoyos, I am in the class of 2020 and have spent all of my high school years here in Fort Lauderdale High. I was born on May 28, 2002 in Bogota, Colombia. I later moved to Medellin, Colombia when I was a year old. I lived there until I was 10 and then we moved here to Florida in October 2012. It was hard moving to the United States, but some of my family already lived here and we visited a lot, especially during the summer, so I was familiar with the place and people here, and that made it easier to adapt.
   
 I went to Bayview Elementary in my first year here which was fifth grade, it was a great change compared to schooling in Colombia, and it took me some time to fully adapt and become fully comfortable in a school environment here in the US. Once I graduated Elementary school I went to Sunrise Middle School. Sunrise was a good school, but the friends I made there are what make it more special to me. My sister came to Fort Lauderdale before me so it made the most sense to come here and take advantage of the school’s  Cambridge program which could lead to incredible benefits for my future. I really like this school and it has taught me a lot about myself. That’s pretty much all there is to my story for now and I hope that I’ll be able to add many more accomplishments to it throughout the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment