Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing

Today we were supposed to edit our footage. Last class I dumped the files into a computer and was prepared to edit. However, once I arrived to class today somebody else was using the computer I had dumped in. I politely asked to get my footage out of that computer and they agreed to let me. I uploaded my files into my google drive and tried to look for another computer to edit. I found an unused computer and attempted to use it. After multiple tries the computer wouldn’t turn on. I looked for another computer. I saw a group of four sitting around three computers, they were in the same group so I thought they didn’t need all three computers. I asked to use one of said computers and they obliged to my request. The computer was on and I was relieved and ready to edit. However, once I put my information in and the computer tried to sign into my account, the screen went dark and the computer wasn’t working. I called my teacher and she told me to just write a blog, as most of the computers weren’t working and most groups couldn’t edit either.

Today we didn’t get to edit at all. Most of the computers in the classroom either do not have connection to the internet or they don’t work at all. Most if not all the groups, except for those using their own computers, were not able to edit. This was very irritating as today was supposed to be the day we’re we completed most of the editing for the video. However, we were told that we will get additional time so that is relieving to hear. Our teachers were accommodating to us and were helpful in informing us that this mishap would not negatively affect our grades for the class. Due to this problem, we were instructed to put our files into Google Drive as the computers may be wiped. Thankfully though, I have already done that. They told us that we are potentially going to receive temporary laptops with editing software to finish our commercials. This would be only until we get permanent replacement for these faulty monitors, which, in all honesty have been nothing but faulty the whole year.

This day has allowed me to think about how I want my comercial to be edited so that’s good. I have a plan to stick to my storyboard as much as I can in terms of the order of the shots. I am going to cut the audio of the shots out and add music. Then I am going to add text on top of the shots to highlight the main points of the school. I will then most likely shorten the shots or speed them up slightly, as I believe that they are too long as they are now. Today was a little frustrating, but it was helpful in a way. I was quite stressed to edit, as I haven’t done it before, and this allowed me to think clearly about what I want to do and how. I believe that my edit will turn out great and have faith that I will do a good job. I do, however, hope that I manage to finish on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment