Thursday, October 24, 2019

Filming

Today we finally went out to film our commercial. I was alone and had no other people in the group so I quite literally did all of the work myself. I quickly got my SD card, camera and tripod, properly signed out as instructed, and then headed out. Once outside, I inserted the SD card into the camera itself. After that I had just had to make sure everything was set, and I began filming.

 My commercial was about Fort Lauderdale High School, so I went around and shot different things. The first shot was supposed to be of the electronic sign outside of the school, but since I couldn't leave the school campus, I wasn't able to get a good shot of it. So I decided to make it a shot of a campus map and then panning out into the actual school itself. I had about two takes of this as the first one wasn't that clear, and I wanted a clearer shot. After that I moved onto the shot of the cafeteria. This shot is supposed to take place later in the commercial itself, but it was closer and more convenient to shoot it first. It was a low shot that panned up to show the cafeteria. I took about three takes, as the camera movement on some of the shots was not great. After I finished that shot I moved onto the one that was closer as well. The shot, or rather, three shots that I took were of the murals that are around the school. These shots demonstrate the murals in quick succession. These will, combined, last as long as one regular shot. I only took one take of each one, except for the last mural which was larger, and more complex than the other ones. I then moved on to the shots of the fields. First I took a shot of the baseball field, It was a wide shot, and I got it done very quickly. I only took one take of this. I then got a shot from the bleachers of the football field and track. It was wide shot and showcased the whole field. I took two takes of this as the first one was not that great. My last shot was of the stairs that lead to the library. I originally wanted to shoot the take closer, but I ended up taking it farther away as I thought It looked better. I took three takes, as I wanted to get a really great shot of it.

I then returned to the classroom to dump the shots into the computer. I entered the classroom and then took an SD card reader for the SD card. I tried to do it on two computers, but none of them worked, but I managed to make it work on one. I dumped the footage and put into a folder as instructed. I then took out the SD card from the reader and returned it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment